Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not having what we want..... wanting what you have

 Today's post is really based on this song.



When did we get so selfish that we just have to have, have, have? I mean it seems that our society, especially kids these days are always wanting, wanting and wanting more. The older I get it seems that I am really finding out that I am happier with the little things in life. I am happy to have that smile from a kid. I am happy to have a husband who works hard to provide for his family. I am happy to have my house even if it does need remodeling.  I am happy to have my bills paid and food on the table.
I don't need fancy diamonds, the latest electronic gadget or expensive vacations.

Where did we go wrong? Why can't we be satisfied with what we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...