Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I survived....

The week has closed and a new one has begun. Grandkids have gone home leaving me exhausted, tired but happy. Watching them drive away today was bittersweet.  I was happy to have my house back and our own little routine but sad to know that it would be so many more months before I would get to see them again.

The week was filled with ups:

  • Craft night in which I gave the girls a rubbermaid tote full of 14 years of leftover scout craft materials and my den ended up looking as if Hobby Lobby threw up all over the floor. 
  • Geocaching at the park. Everyone enjoying the "thrill of the hunt" even though we didn't find any that night.
  • Banana Split night where we were all allowed to create mountains of ice cream and fluffy whip cream towers!
  • Fishing with the girls and watching Harmony catch and hold a baby bass and helping Kaylee feed a perch every bit of her worm!
and downs: 
  • Little Kaylee with her roller coaster of emotions because I won't let her be the baby but yet encourage her to be a big girl and do things for herself. Every time we turn a corner the waterworks are in full swing.
  • Harmony with her constant need to be entertained every breathing moment and then calling home to complain.
  • And Serenity? Well, no downs there at all.  She is quite happy in her little color book land!
 Overall, the week was a success.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, it sounds like you had a great time. Rest up for the next visit.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...