Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Being a Good Steward

It has taken me a little bit but I think I got it this morning.  I am going through a season of learning good stewardship.  I knew about the Good Stewardship because we have been tight on money for a bit but I didn't get SUPER DUPER serious until about 3 weeks ago. 

I have stopped the daily runs to sonic for sweet peach tea.  It is a treat and only a treat.  In fact I have been so many days without it now I can't think what day was the last.  That's a good sign right?

I have stopped the get in the van and go wherever I want at the split moment of a thought.  I mean that costs gas money! I have saved a TON on that so far.

I have absolutely stopped the eating out thing.  Haven't done that in many weeks now.  I am eating much more fruit and a few veggies now.

So, while we still don't have a savings I can see a glimmer of hope on the horizon. I can see a couple of things getting paid on that were just sitting there screaming for attention and I can even see a couple of things getting paid off in the next two months.

It takes patience and daily help from God but it can be done.  I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...