Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

When did my house become the red light district hot spot?

I must begin by stating that I was originally going a totally different direction with today's post than what this is going to end up being.  However, as I typed out the title I realized it just wasn't "catchy" enough and according to my new bloggie friend over at TV's Take (Free publicity for my girl there!) a blogger really needs to capture the eye of the reader with the title.  She claims the more scandalous the title the more traffic that post will receive.  So, I'm going to take a shot at it! 

To begin with I'm not sure if anyone remembers or is old enough to know for that matter what a red light district is. So, to be sure you fully understand here is the Wikipedia definition:  A red-light district is a neighborhood or a part of a neighborhood where businesses connected to the sex industry (sex shops, strip clubs, adult theaters etc.) exist.

Now, on with the post:

For the last two days I have been visited by not one, not two but THREE men other than my husband.  (Did your eyes pop a little there and your mind go into the gutter?  Well, SHAME ON YOU! lol)

The three men are in order of appearance, Tony the mailman, Mr. wearing his shorts a little too tight but I don't mind UPS man, and Mr. always a little too happy did a cloud of smoke just follow you out of your truck??? Fed Ex man.

You see, the hubs is having a major milestone birthday coming up soon as well as the income tax money has finally hit the bank.  With both happening at about the same time in addition with my love of internet shopping there are packages arriving at my house every day for the last two days!  Everything from party decorations to school clothes (baby girl is going to middle school and will need uniforms and they are all on clearance right now at wally world.) have been arriving at the front door.  

I live in a somewhat older population neighborhood which means they think my business is THEIR business.

Now, how do I get the red light district out of this????  Well, we were leaving yesterday to go to the store (they won't deliver groceries damnit!) and I looked back at the house.  The front porch light was on and a fleeting thought passed through my mind:  I'm sure glad that isn't a red light or people would think business was on!  So, double that up with strange men coming to my door and the need to come up with a catchy title for my post and poof here you are reading!

Haha!  I got you here didn't I?  
Have a great Saturday folks!

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny, hooker!! ; ) Just kidding. I wish my Fed Ex guy was a little too happy. A freakin smile won't kill you dude!!! My UPS guy is about 17 and hot too!!! But it makes me feel like a dirty old woman when I close the door a little too slowly as he walks down my driveway. Oh well, you're only as old as you feel...which is probably why I feel like a dirty old woman...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elles Belles,

    I wish I was a hooker! Then I'd be getting more action than I am. LOL

    And don't worry about being the weird lady watching the UPS guy. They have to be 18 to drive I believe. So, now you are legal! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. you obviously aren't as savvy as an internet shopper as you think you are...they most certainly DO deliver groceries!

    Netgrocer - Online Groceries and more, delivered straight to your ...Netgrocer.com is an online grocery store delivering nationwide and to APO/FPO addresses. Complete your online grocery shopping online with Netgrocer.

    Shipping Info - International Orders - Delivery Schedule - About Us
    www.netgrocer.com/

    Peapod Online Grocery Shopping and Delivery ServicePeapod: online grocery shopping and delivery. Peapod is Smart Shopping for Busy People. Shop Peapod today!
    www.peapod.com/

    As for the nosy neighbors and men at your door...some things will just never change!!! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Princess, is that really the blog name you chose? You are right some things never change! HAHAHAHAH! :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...