Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What the dog sees while looking out the car window

Well, this was one of "those" mornings where I had to drag my sick, lazy ass out of the bed and actually take Chris to school for an early morning concert he was performing in at school.  (Why anyone thinks that junior high kids would actually appreciate a group of their peers torturing themselves in the cold weather playing a few holiday tunes is beyond my normal realm of thinking but that is what they are doing.)

Anyway, this morning was a bit different because I had one of those rare times when I actually woke up without pain.  Of course this led to a morning of jokes and teasing with the kids especially after a few too many swigs of coffee resulting in that sugar high! 

Accompanied by the all too excited Sassie Dog (who was more than happy to sport her winter coat) we loaded into the van and set out with the destination of school in our sights.  The trip there was filled with a few laughs and the confirmation of after school plans and then quickly Chris performed his miracle act of slipping from the van with darting speed attempting to keep anyone from seeing his MOM dropping him off.  After all it's not cool to be with your MOM when you are a teenage boy!

On the short drive home Sassie Dog as always, stands on the door handle and eagerly peers out the window.  She always does this with such an excitement that her little 3 lb body quivers out of control often causing her to fall off the door handle creating a constant up and down motion of dog fur which truthfully is quite comical. 

As we approached the stop light I happened to glance over at the car next to me and see both the driver and the passenger simultaneously drink from their coffee cups.  They did it in such unison that one could have mistaken them for a pair of robots programmed precisely to drink at the same moment.  I then looked at the vehicles around me and observed quite a show of morning actions. 

In addition to coffee drinking I observed a session of make up application, a diligent search of the radio, a cell phone conversation, and a mother apparently threatening her child with their looming death bestowing wishes for a good day upon her child.  Now of course I have to report the nose picker. (Do they REALLY think we can't see them just because they are inside their car? NEWSFLASH your windows are see through!) There was even a lady reading a book.  Mind you this was not a quick glance at a map, newspaper or something else small but a huge NOVEL!  Damn if only I was so talented!      NOT!

I simply shook my head and caught the glare of the 3lb wonder dog.  She was sitting there in the passenger seat looking at me with that "Now You Get It" look! I had to laugh and admit I now get why the dog bounces with such excitement begging to ride with us each time she hears the jingle of the keys.  She must get her fix of watching stupid human tricks while they drive! 

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Your dog sounds adorable and I love a good nose picking story! :) People are so wrapped up in their own lives they forget that there are other people around. When we lived in SC I witnessed a young man walking across and abandoned lot with his "junk" hanging out peeing while he walked...The lot was abandoned not the office buildings, busy street or gas station surrounding it!! Dumb*ss! :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...