The last several months I haven't been posting because I just lost my desire. It seems that we had an unwanted house guest move in with us. His name is Murphy. You know... as in Murphy's law?
The contemporary form of Murphy's law goes back as far as 1952, as an epigraph to a mountaineering book by Jack Sack, who described it as an "ancient mountaineering adage":
Anything that can possibly go wrong, does.
He is driving me crazy! So many things have gone wrong around here I can't possibly remember them all but I will give it a good shot here.
Things that have gone wrong in the Jones household.
- The A/C in the van went out. (in the middle of the TEXAS SCORCHING SUMMER!)
- Went to get the A/C fixed and it cost me 1200 'effing dollars! (which I am STILL paying on!)
- The 'effing A/C in the van STILL doesn't work right even after taking it back twice now!
- The outside unit on our house A/C stopped working (again in the middle of the TEXAS SCORCHING SUMMER!)
- Found out the A/C for the house wasn't working due to a bad breaker.
- Replaced bad breaker and now the Fan motor on the outside unit is overheating!
- Hubby had to work out of town basically meaning I was a single mom again.
- Hubby's car broke down on the way out of town.
- Got the parts to fix hubby's car and then found out that the transmission is shot too! (Car is sitting on blocks right now.)
- Hot water heater in the house finally gave out flooding the back laundry room. (That cost us $500 bucks!)
- Let's not talk about the pool that has been out of commission for the entire summer. UGH!
- Due to the dry conditions and wildfires everywhere the entire population of field mice in the vacant lot behind my house are attempting to move into MY HOUSE!
- Kitty catches the mice on a daily basis just about and eats
- I think Kitty is now getting sick from eating these mice. GROSS!
And on top of all this the Guinea pigs and the dogs still think they need to be fed! GEEEZZ! When can a girl get a break???