Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Who is Janet.......

The meaning of Janet is: God's Gracious Gift

Hmmm... God's Gracious Gift?  Really?  I tend to get stuck with that right there because I either tend to laugh at the idea that someone would think I am a gift from God.  I mean come on!  I personally think that is a little much to live up to.  Don't you? 

I mean with that statement I envision a small, calm saintly type handing out soup and blankets to those in need.  Or maybe someone reading to the beautiful little children in a meadow.  Ughhhh that's enough envisioning.  It literally is making me ill. 
  • In reality I am a sarcastic, bull headed individual who has been told more than once that I am often too blunt when I speak.  (Too blunt???!!?? I see it as telling the truth. I can't help it if you asked my opinion and I told you. If you don't like what I have to say then stop asking me!)
  • In reality I am a loyal, hard working individual who won't quit until the job is done. (I mean why start something if you aren't prepared to finish it?)
  • In reality I am usually the fair, level headed one in the group. (My children often hate this one because they say that in my attempts to be fair they often are last in anything I organize/run.)
  • In reality I am outgoing and have big dreams/ideas.  (Often filling my plate with too many projects and therefore making my family miserable with the help me cries I throw out.)
Over the years I have tried to play nice, be seen and not heard, be supportive and encouraging but lately I have decided to stop the bullshit and just be me.  I love my kids and my husband but I have figured out that I am who I am and that's the plain simple truth.

Like it or not, it's your choice.  But seriously if you don't really want to hear the truth or your feelings have the potential to be fragile take my advice and don't seek my opinion because yes, I will:
  • tell you that your pants make your ass look like the double wide trailer being hauled down the highway
  • tell you that I see grey hair 
  • tell you that your food tasted like a wart on a frog's ass
  • tell you that you breath smells like a thousand camel farts bottled up in a jar
  • tell you that you must definitely being going crazy for inviting your in-laws for the holidays
  • tell you that no your baby is NOT the cutest little thing I have ever seen
  • tell you that Santa is indeed a bad marketing scheme created by the retail industry
  • tell you that my brother in law killed Rudolph last weekend and they plan on eating him
  • tell you that you need to slap your kid down for the shitty attitude they have
  • tell you that I could go on and on with more truths like this but at this point I think you get the picture! 

2 comments:

  1. I like all the truths your exclaiming...I get in trouble with bluntness too. Some call it rude, I call them sensitive. Potato, Potatoe...?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Especially the camel farts comment. Cracked me up! I love people that you can just lay it on the line and know they may not like what you are saying, but they know you are being honest! That is really when you know you have good friends. And once you can talk that openly it's hard to be friends with people that can't take your open and honest attitude! Keep posting! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...