Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

No Fear...

I was sitting back in my lawn chair soaking up a few warm rays and then in one split second the calm summer afternoon is pierced with an earth shattering scream: 

"THIS IS AWESOME!"

Could anyone doubt that was the extremely excited voice of one hyper six year old little boy otherwise known as Jonathan? His complete utter joy could be heard echoing down the Guadalupe River followed by the splash as his body hit the water.   As he broke the surface of the water coming back up he was laughing wildly and scrambling to get back up the river bank to do a repeat performance only to find he had to wait in line behind the rest of the group for another turn.

I inwardly smile and shake my head.  I had never thought that this group of kiddos,  as young as there were, would enjoy something that I generally would consider a bit dangerous.  Yet, one after another the rope was swung out over the water and a fearless child would drop into the water below.  Each time they would pop back up out of the water sputtering and laughing while Pa attempted to move them out of the way in time for the next kid to barrel into the water. 

Discussing how they would get up the embankment
Megan taking her death defying swing


Nay Nay helping Kaylee

Discussing the best swinging method


Chris giving an extra push for added height

Serenity can't be left out of the fun!

Jonathan showing NO FEAR!
If only I could be so carefree and have NO FEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...