Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Saturday, November 13, 2010


Carousels and All Their Glory
What do you think of when I mention a carousel?  What does one make you feel?  Does it bring a soft smile to the corners of your mouth?  Does your heart fill with a familiar warmth of a childhood memory? 

Now, I am not talking about just any old merry-go-round.  No sir!  I am talking about one of those old fashioned, hand carved ones from the days of yesterday.  The ones that have all the individual bulbs more than eager to light up and show their glory.  The one that when you catch sight of it you can't help but race to get in line and quickly scan each animal deciding which one is yours today.

Unfortunately we don't have the pleasure of seeing these as often as when we were kids.  Possibly this is because people have lost the love for the grand feeling that these beauties can offer.  Whatever the case may be I know that no matter how old I get or where I am at I will always be happy to climb aboard and lose myself in the fantasy surrounding any old carousel.

And in turn I will continue to share the love of carousels to anyone around me, especially the children in my life in hopes that they too will grow to have the appreciation and love surrounding the majestic creations.  Hopefully, this can be passed down for generations to come.  Right now I think I have a pretty good influence on the kids in my life because this past summer I heard several squeals of delight when we rounded the corner at Morgan's Wonderland and saw this particular carousel.  In fact every single one of them had to ride it just one more time please before we left the park that day.  ~~happy sigh~~

1 comment:

  1. There is an old-fashioned carousel at Fireman's Park in Brenham, Texas. If I remember correctly, each animal was carved from a single log, but of course, my memory isn't that great these days. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...