Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm A Slave To The Farm

So, I was walking around the corner into my den today and I hear a faint but familiar squeak.  The squeak of one of our pet guinea pigs.


The thought came to my mind that the normal banging of the cage from his brother pig was eerily absent.  I stopped in my tracks and looked over to the cages and knew immediately why Big Butt (that is one of the many affectionate names we call the huge guinea pig.) was sitting so quiet within his cage.

Sir Sam Cat had selected the top of his cage to curl up for a snooze.  Yes, I kid you not! The cat was asleep on top of the guinea pig's cage.  Now, I am not quite sure if the blanket I use to cover the pig's cage at night had fooled the cat into not realizing that a tasty meal lay just beneath or if he truly was the fat, lazy-ass cat I have pegged him and he figured why work for his meal when he gets fed way to much more than once each day.  Either way he was not caring the least about the guinea pig just below him with only a few thin bars and a blanket between them.

I can only imagine what Big Butt was going through knowing that a huge creature which normally would be the equivalent to a death sentence was sitting on top of his normally safe home. Whatever his thoughts were I saved the day by forcing the cat to relocate which you would have thought I asked him to perform an act of congress the way he stretched and moaned!


Once safety was no longer an issue the demands for my attention began.  First the pig brothers began their daily dance for food and soon switched from sweet little pigs to demanding little convicts.  I swear with the amount of noise they make jumping around in their cages they sound like a pair of convicts trying to break free from a jail cell.  Can you just picture that one?  My two guinea pigs with their little hands (yes they have hands Charles!  They do because I say so!) grabbing the bars of their cages shaking them will all of their little fur might!  Their antics were rewarded with fresh food and a huge carrot a piece.  (Yes, I know! They are spoiled!)

Then the cat yelled at me.  So, I had to feed him which meant I had to go into the pantry where the food is located.  For some odd reason the yorkie thought because I was going into the pantry she needed food.  Think I am done yet?  NOPE!  Moon Dog (the one blue eyed stray that decided we were her forever home) peered at me through the window with that one said blue eye with the most pitiful look.  GEEEZZ!  And when all that was said and done I thought CRAP!  Let me go check on the devil rat in Megan's room.  That little freak gerbil deserves food even if I hate her.  Luckily she had food.  I was surprised because I hate that rat and haven't set eyes on her in at least a month or so.  Surprised because Megan has actually been taking care of her and surprised because she is no longer grey in color but black!~  Did she get a new winter coat or did she really die and someone replaced her to fool me OR better yet!  Did Megan color her with paint or something?

Whatever the case is all the animals are fed and I am a slave to the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...