Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Energy Where Art Thou Energy?

Today began as any other Monday morning; with the alarm clock rudely announcing the beginning of yet another school week.  I rolled over with a swift groan and snoozed the alarm as I literally rolled out of the bed and headed towards the bathroom.  I then trudged down the hall and knocked on Megan's door.  I cheerfully, (YES!! I said cheerfully! So, what if I fake it??) greeted her good morning and roused her from her slumber. 

I then made a straight beeline for the fridge praying my hubby remembered to bring home my required RC colas.  Relief washed over me as I spotted my drug of choice and a contented sigh escaped from my lips as the sound of the crisp soda made the ice crackle in the glass as I poured it.  The hubby can live another day!

A few minutes later as my drug caffeine kicks in I realize how many things are racing in my head that I need to accomplish today.  It is then that I realize that this will be a long, long day and unless I make a to do list I will inevitably be a failure.

Now, as I sit here at lunch time I am looking at my to do list sitting beside my keyboard I realize that I honestly have not accomplished to many things yet.  In fact, I have not completed one single thing.  Since I like to think that failure is NOT an option for me I will simply take joy in the fact that I was quite brilliant this morning when I placed blogging on my to do list and so I can now proudly say that I HAVE accomplished something on my list for the day!


Ahhhhhhh!!  Life is good.  
I think I will pour me some more RC cola!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...