Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Growing up... A new phase of Life

Well, I have put off writing this entry because I figured if I wrote it then it would be true. However, as the days pass I must realize accept that my children are growing up at an alarming rate.  


With Ashley Renee now graduated from high school and living on her own, Kelsey asking me to teach her how to drive, Chris going on dates with his girlfriend (chaperoned of course) and now Megan having the gall of reaching the milestone of a double digit birthday (10 yrs old now!) I seriously have to take a deep breath and remember that this is truly the way life is supposed to move forward (even if it does make me feel old!).

Of course I do have advantages that come with each growing up such as no more bottles, diapers or nasty burp rags but also gone are the innocent questions of why is the sky blue or why can't I put the cat in the dryer mommy?   In their place I have questions of Mom can I do laundry at your house or Mom can you take me _______________ (fill in the blank).  (I won't go into the Mom can I borrow the car because I am still trying to get used to the fact that when I get in the car the gas tank is empty! **grin**)

Lately I have wondered if I have done a good my job as a mother  teaching each of them the important points of life.  Important points such as:
  • You are never alone for God is always on your side.
  • Never compromise your morals or values. 
  • Remember that you only have one family. 
  • Mama is always there to lend a shoulder to cry on or route you on in your adventures.
Of course things were hard throughout the years like working 3 jobs at one time not only to pay the basic bills but also to provide a few extras for the kids to enjoy.  Looking back I can honestly say that I don't regret a thing.

While age slowly creeps quickly runs up on me and tackles me to the ground I am learning to sit quietly and enjoy the beautiful people my children are becoming, knowing that, yes, I am doing a good job as a mother, friend and confidant because while they may venture out to explore and learn new things I can often see them looking back for assurance that I am still there.

But I must say little do they realize that no matter how old they get they will always and forever be my babies.  I will always be able to look into their eyes and get lost in the memories as well as the hopes for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...