Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Going to brag Wednesday

I can't think of anything else to say or do right now and seeing as how I am a mom I'm expected to be a bragger right? At least where my kids are concerned. 
So, I am going to do a little bragging today on my son Chris. 

To begin with he is a pretty good maker of my morning coffee. 
Which we all know is very important in the mornings for me.
He's good with the kids being here this week too. In fact he 
just finished makingthem oatmeal and bananas for breakfast! 

He's a really good trumpet player in both advanced band and jazz band.

And as if that isn't enough he is doing really well in scouts. In fact he was den chief for a group of younger cub scouts for nearly two years. Because of his work he did there he was personally asked to be a junior staff member for the council's yearly summer cub camp. And I just found out that he did such a good job that not only did many of the younger boys choose him as the best junior staff member on their evaluation forms but many of the adult leaders did as well.  Which led to him being asked to return again next year! 

Yeah, I am proud of this boy!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe that he was this shy little boy when I first saw him? I am so proud to see how far he has come in his life. He is on his way to becoming a great leader. ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I remember how shy he was! Now, if you sat and watched him you would NEVER put the two together! I guess he has my leadership qualities in him after all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...