Today is the day for the BIG party, hubs 50th bday party. I have been working on it for over 2 months now and the day is finally here. There are people of all walks of life coming in from all over to converge in one room to hopefully have a calm, relaxed fun evening of remembering, laughing and catching up.
This is the first time since we moved to San Antonio 7 years ago that we are introducing so many of our friends, family etc in the same room. I made the comment recently that it was like all aspects of our life were finally converging into one location. Up until now we have unintentionally had these parts of our life separate.
This is the variety of invites for the party today:
- Chuck's family
- Some of my family
- School friends
- Scout acquaintances and friends
- Railroad coworkers/friends
- Chuck's music friends from back in the day
- My friends from back in the day (two of which are now divorced)
- San Antonio friends
- My friends from back in my hometown