Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Attention Span

I heard the most interesting thing yesterday.  I was speaking with a woman (when,where, who is irrelevant) and she said that it has been proven that our attention span is 1 minute per every 1 year of our age.  For ex: my age 39 X 1 minute means that you have my attention on a topic for 39 minutes.

WHAT THE HELL?  I really don't think that is true!  Seriously, I think that study she was quoting must have said seconds not minutes!  I can pay attention to something for about 39 seconds.  That is quite believable, but 39 minutes?  Nahhhh!

With that said I won't hold you up any longer.  I'll just leave you with this cute little saying I ran across. (which I stole from my new bloggie friend Momof2.)


Heheheheehe!  I bet you smiled!  What's a cute saying you could share with me to make me smile?

3 comments:

  1. LOL considering people have about 15 seconds to captivate me or I start thinking about whether I left the house w/o unplugging my hair dryer, groceries I need to buy or if I let the dogs out before I left I agree with you, this research HAS to be wrong!

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost me at "Span" in the title...; ) It really depends on the topic. I can talk about me all day long! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen,

    Great to see you here! Do you have a blog?

    Thanks for the comment! I love comments!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...