Ultimate Blog Hop!

Hello one and all! If this is your first time visiting the ole' Jonesie then please let me explain a little. I write on a variety of topics. (basically whatever may pop into my head or even whatever rant I have for the day.) Some things are a little out there, I admit. But honestly, I have spent so much of my life worrying about what others think that when I finally released myself from the "rules and roles of society" I really began to find myself. So, my request is that you read more than just one post before you decide. I promise somewhere along the way I am sure you will say what so many others have said at one time or another: Jonesie, you simply say what others only think in their heads!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

School has begun

Well, here we go!! We accomplished the first week of the 2008-2009 school year. What a feat!! Just thinking about the fact that within our family make up we have 2 high schoolers!! WOW!!

Nay Nay (Ashley Renee) kept her summer job and is working/going to school full time. She reports that she mostly has "cool" teachers and is optimistic about her Junior year of high school. I am sure she is really learning valuable lessons on how to schedule her time with work, school and of course the all so important boyfriend!

Kelsey K is fairly sore this weekend. Her body is adjusting to the long routine of PT duty for ROTC in the mornings before school. She has stated more than once the "pains" of her muscles growing with the practice. Wonder how she will feel this coming week when she has both morning AND afternoon PT duty? I can hear her muscles screaming in pain now!

Chris "the man" is the top dog on campus at his school. The ever important 5th grader!! He was accepted for safety partrols and has the very important job of beginning and ending of each school day by raising/lowering the flags for the school. He is up and at 'em each morning bright and early. Each morning he is out of the house before 7am. Poor little Megan has to practically run to keep up with him while he is dashing down the street to the school.

Not so little Megan.....She DID grow an inch since last year!! She is VERY proud to state this to all that know her and have noticed. She is my little bundle of energy. All size 4T of her!! (She is in 3rd grade folks! She should be wearing 7/8 at the least! Oh well. We did finally let her go up to size 5 pants. (even though they do bunch up at her ankles because she is so short!) She is quite proud that she has a teacher this year that can relate to her OCD habits and allow her to kick off her shoes during class. What a great teacher! :)

Charles will be sporting a brand new smile soon. While this is costing a small fortune, it will be well worth it in the end. He is already the most good looking man I know but after he gets his smile look out world!

Janet.....I am hanging in there as always. More satisfied these days than ever. I quietly sit by watching my children grow into beautiful, young men and women and wonder how I got so lucky? I am sure any one of them can take the world!~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Make my day! Even a measly word or two can make me smile! Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...